I read a thread on another forum where the OP put forth the idea that deer and elk populations in Montana won’t be able to recover from the increasing wolf population.

The thread had a lot of first hand accounts of the devastation viewed at kill sites of wild game, as well as cattle becoming a targeted food source while grazing abroad.

What’s really going on with the federal government and Fish & Game in areas they have been released?
From the sounds of it, other states like Oregon that did a wolf release, have already experienced devastating game animal reductions. In Oregon within 3 years of introduction some of our most sought after hunting units near the Idaho borders for deer and elk have been hurt really bad.

This is no doubt an emotional topic...I’m a pretty active and vocal member for hunting and fishing in my state and local coastal area. And I know from experience, challenging the Fed’s and ODF&G on their intentions to make changes that we as hunters/fishermen know will result in colossal failure, are met with “Thank you for your input and concerns” Then they go ahead and do exactly what they wanted to do.

What’s going on in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah? Is the Western States big game hunting about to become ruined?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”