Seem's to me the fish and game department's should take a clue from the predators. People don't want female's killed, they are needed to repopulate. Well sounds to me like wiping them out pretty much works better in the long run. I have thought for a long time there are just to many female deer and elk around. Lot of them are barren and the more animal's there are the less food there is. I have to admit I would shoot a wold on sight. Problem being all the hunting dog's that get killed by them. I am not offering my dog's up for wolf food! On the other hand I don't take my dog's where there are reported wolf sighting either. Kind of rules out hunting here as year before last I did see a wolf down by the John Day river. First one in 30yrs here. Talked to the rancher where I was and was told they are seeing them now and then around here. There is a reason wolves were wiped out many years ago. Beautiful animals but they are absolute killer's. I can remember when I was a kid in this state, Oregon, there was a bounty on Mountain Lion. Today you can't even use dogs and lions seem to be on the up swing. Several have been spotted here in town in the last several years. I've bumped into four over the years here. Lived in Montana about four years and spent a lot of time out in the woods. Have never seen one in Montana. I'm not sure hunting the way they do here will control lion populations or wolf population's. Hunter's buy lion tags just in case but seldom fill them!