Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Beaver I was just talking to a friend that hunted the Northside unit over east for elk with a large party. He said there were no elk in the unit, period. The entire party left four days before season end. He found 8 elk bone piles. I've been hunting my whole life and I would say I average a deer or elk bone pile one a year. One in their party saw a wolf.

I think this will be increasingly common in Oregon. Why we put up with this incompetent (at best) or under-handedly deceptive (most likely) wildlife management agency in Oregon is a mystery.

This I have also heard from personal friends who’ve pulled tags several times over the years in these units. They have all said the game animals are gone by comparison to years past...This is part of the reason I’m asking for information. 😎

FB2 & Beav,

I've hunted that area the past two years and had no trouble finding elk, but don't know how it compares to years past. Lots of people, though.

I talked to a guy this year who swears there's wolves in the area. Never seen one myself, but have seen and heard a lot of coyotes. Saw one especially big one this year, carrying a chunk of elk hide from a hunter kill. For a second, I thought it was a wolf.

Jason

4th point,

My friend is about 60 and has hunted there for many years, as tags allow. They are accustomed to finding the elk, but this year the entire party had no luck. They did find lots of bones.

LOL