Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Valsdad
From this thread:

When someone says they are pro-homo, they may as well be one, and in most cases, they are. It is one issue that you really can't straddle the fence on.............you either condone their behavior, or you don't, and if you condone it, then you're no better than they are.

Christian, Conservative, Caucasian, heterosexual.............if they're not that, I have no use for them.

If someone finds that offensive to them, I'm offer no apologies. I've lived long enough to know what works, and what doesn't........and being an atheist, a liberal, a queer, and another color besides White, just doesn't do a thing for me.

From the Honest Question for Christian Democrats thread:

Okay Campfire members get ready for this.........I am friends, yes really, with a local Black man who is a deacon in his church. Very good guy, hardworking, family man, devoted son and parent........gives money to the Democrat Party, and was a huge Obama and Hillary fan.]

James,

as much as I enjoy your posts on rural life and other things, .....................................................

something here is just not making sense.

At least your friend appears to fit the 'Christian" and "heterosexual" part that you have use for. 2 out of 4 ain't too bad I guess.

Geno

First off..........remember this......there are those on here who will predictably bark every time you yank their chain, so having said that, I do like to yank their chain every now and then.....lol.

Now, to answer your question.......I am indeed friends, in a broad definition of the word, with a Black man that I've known all my life. His mother and my grandmother were the same way, and in a small farming community, where they worked for us, that was certainly the way it worked. We don't visit one another, we don't travel in the same circle, but when we run across each other somewhere, we always like to chat a while. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word friend, instead saying acquaintance, but I do like the guy as a person.

But......does that mean that I am in favor of his politics and his obvious love of all things Black and Democrat............HELL NO. I have some family members who are Christian and Democrat, They think of themselves as Conservative, and in many ways they probably are..........but they still vote for local and state Democrats, so they're on my chit list too.

I would think that if you had no use for those not Conservative, or Caucasian, then they would hardly even be useful as acquaintance, or even as a family member.

And I do understand the chain yanking thing...................sorta.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?