Stolen from one of The Fire's great philosophers on another thread:

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
FYI, I served side by side with "darkies", "messicans" and "chinks" in Nam and they were some of the best of the lot. One of my very best observers was black. Color blind and a dead ringer with an M-60 or M-16. Fella got me into so much fun....could spot a bunker complex 5 klicks away on the other side of the valley. One of our gun pilots during the first tour was Mex and saved my butt about 3 dozen times. Drop a 2.75" FFAR into your hip pocket he could. And Capt. Ho? Death from above and absolutely fearless.

The very best commander I served under was a one star "darky" and he was also the most brilliant tactical planner I ever witnessed in action. All of us Cav honkies would and did follow him into the gates of hell...sober as a priest. Combat is a crucible that quickly flushes the theory of racial superiority from either side of the fence. (emphasis not in original)

Question #1: If a black guy is color blind is he an oxymoron?

Question #2: Wanna reconsider the media BS linked above?

Service in the the military isn't about conscription or indentured servitude. It is an honor and duty as well as a short course on growing up. Volunteer military service is by definition, divisive. Barbarians on one side, snowflakes on the other. It is a seasoning that needs to be distributed widely in this country.

I don't think combat experience for POTUS is a good metric, but do think that prior military service should be required. It is difficult to effectively command something one knows nothing about.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/23/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell