Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Lets apply the "Veil of ignorance" to what you are assenting is a "just" society. Sure the ability of dictators and drug lords to kill whom they want with out consequence might be nice for them, but is this how you would design a society if you had not idea what roll in it you might play??
I pointed out cases that make simple normative ethics an incomplete view lacking in depth. It's the same view that brought us insane things like abortion and transgender ideology along with intersectionality.
What do you think would happen if you explained normative ethics to a dictator or drug lord?

Lets take this a step further. Think of how you think gays should be treated. If that how you would design it if you had no idea if you would be assigned the role of a gay person?
I was born a lecher, so I sympathize with homosexual's feelings of not being able to completely express their sexuality under the ethics system God wants us to live under. So, how I would want to be treated and how I am treated is I go with what is right, sacrificing my selfish desires.

How about your kids. If one or more of them turn out gay, how do you want them to be treated? Should they be killed per Leviticus 18 and 20??
Homosexuals persued one of my children quite heavily, so this is a question I have pondered. If they did decide that they wanted to engage in that behavior or were curious about it, I expect society to support me and support them to instead make the right decision and act justly, i.e. in a heterosexual manner.

Politics is War by Other Means