Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Well, of course there is the practical aspect that is more important to the great majority of rifle buyers than the issues of "cool" and nostalgic. Practical in 2019 calls for the purchase of a rifle chambered in either 243 or 6.5 CM, while nostalgia seduces a buyer to take the road less traveled and find a rifles chambered in either 250-3000 or 257 Roberts.

I find practical to be a good thing, it make life easier, but owning something that may not be practical, but which prompts nostalgic memories is nice, even if it requires a little extra effort to operate. Every time I pick up a Savage 1920, I think about Larry Koller and wonder if he might have hunted with it and if it might be a rifle that he alluded to in "Shots At Whitetails. I wonder if a Savage Axis found under a Christmas tree two days hence will prompt similar memories for a young teen in 2069?

Practical is what most people want, but loonies need to be loonies. Feel free to quote me if you like. laugh

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard