260 - join the club...it happens, we experiment, learn, and settle down with less fuss! Lol.

JB, agreed, as usual. Tinkering is fun no doubt for those who have the time and inclination.......something that seems to wane as I age. Run a few wildcats.......when I was younger. They work as well or better today than ever with newer powders, as most all no doubt.

So earlier, I mentioned the 25-06 'big brother' being commercialized...as in common rifles and ammo in 6.5-06. Not that it's needed, but long ago it sure seemed intriguing to many. Now speaking of Norwegian heritage, I have a good friend who lives in Oslo. The 6.5x55 has served Scandinavia quite well over the years........and there there's always the 9.3s, if one wants to go larger.

Good stuff, as usual when a thread starts about 25s.....especially in these nice rifles like above. Agree about the above comment - "If I go Stainless/Synthetic" pass on the 25s. Thought a 25-06 or Bee would not be overly out of the ordinary in one, for hard field use.