Originally Posted by jimmyp

I have one very similar, its my favorite rifle. I really like the Roberts, the only change I would make would be to find a Kimber Montana in the Roberts so I would feel safe hunting in the rain with it. Mine has an old 3-9 Diavari on it, I shoot 117 grain Hornady interlocks now over a lot of H4350, its very accurate, it kills deer as well as anything I have ever owned. If I was to go back to 100 grains bullets I would shoot the TSX again with a much H4350 as I could as it just flattens deer if into the shoulder or neck. Having hunted with a bunch of 277 and 30 caliber guns, killed a whole lot of deer, there is no deer in the south that the Roberts does not kill just as fast if you can shoot.

I've had two 257 Rob Montana's... I really don't want another. I have more stainless/African Walnut rifles than I can use, and bought this for fair weather "gentleman hunts."

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery