Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by 25epps
Mule Deer
Thanks for clarification on the 250 savage improved I knew there was two different angles just thought they were both AI as my reloading stuff just mentions a 28 degree, 40 degree and standard
My own personal 25/303 Epps Newton improved has a 35 degree shoulder

So in short, you were wrong.

How so?

The Ackley is 40°, but there is a 250 Improved 28° cartridge. A reloading die set from Huntingtons' is # 56162

another reloading set: die set or another die set

Reamer: reamer

Did you read the whole thread? Do you need Cliff notes?

There is a 28° Improved round, not just the 40° version. So 2epps is correct and you are wrong about being one a single Improved version of the .250 out there.

Look retard, I'll type slow for you.

First post I replied to, in which your BFF said that Layne just used 6mm Creedmoor brass necked up in his 250 AI. No fireforming.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Recently a gunwriter layne Simpson I think decided to build a 250 savage AI, for brass he just used 6mm credemore case necked to 25 cal. No fire forming just load and shoot. Me thinks the credemore just reinvented the wheel. Is it the 6.5 credemore or the 6.5/250 savage AI.

Layne must have magic dies. Considering a 250 Ackley has a 40 degree shoulder and the 6mm Creedmoor has a 30 degree shoulder.

PS: Give spell check a whirl.

Then this one.

Girl hunter my spelling may not be perfect but if my memory serves me correctly the 250 AI can be had with two different shoulder angles. Do some research and see for yourself.
As for the creed having tighter saami specs I doubt it saami specs set out a max and minimal spec for all cartridges.
Loaded to the same pressure and same tight spec chamber there would be stuff all in it between a .257 and .264. My spelling may not be acceptable to girl hunter but surely .007 of an inch ain't gonna make a great deal of difference in the real world. Both will kill things. My personal 25 is capable of 0.90 groups in my old hands and kills stuff as far as I can shoot. I think 7 thousands of an in is clutching at straws. Both ore fine cartridges for thier intended purpose.

A 250 Ackley Improved is 40 degree shoulder, period.

So AGAIN for the two of you that apparently suffer the ability to comprehend anything. It wasn't about TWO different IMPROVED versions, it was about the AI (Ackley Improved) having a 40 degree shoulder.

I was the guy saying you could neck up 30 degree shoulder brass and use it in a 40 degree chamber, no fireforming needed.

I wasn't the one that said the 250AI can have 2 different shoulder angles, that was your BFF again. The ACKLEY IMPROVED, has a 40 degree shoulder.

I'm sure this will befuddle you even more, so just drink a can of Ensure and take a nap.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'