Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by Girlhunter

So AGAIN for the two of you that apparently suffer the ability to comprehend anything. It wasn't about TWO different IMPROVED versions, it was about the AI (Ackley Improved) having a 40 degree shoulder.

I was the guy saying you could neck up 30 degree shoulder brass and use it in a 40 degree chamber, no fireforming needed.

I wasn't the one that said the 250AI can have 2 different shoulder angles, that was your BFF again. The ACKLEY IMPROVED, has a 40 degree shoulder.

I'm sure this will befuddle you even more, so just drink a can of Ensure and take a nap.

What is it your time of the month? He thought the Ackley came in both 28 & 40 angles. Instead being a b!tch by saying only he was wrong, maybe you should pointed out (so others reading this thread might also understand) that even though there is a 28° version 250 Improved, it isn't considered an Ackley. Or is it because you had no clue about the 28° Improved version?

Aren't the terms "Ackley Improved" and "Improved" synonymous?

Many, maybe most, people add the suffix "AI" to indicate an "Improved" cartridge even if POA has no role in that cartridge case's design "improvement". I have noticed that Redding doesn't credit POA, as their dies for "improved" cartridges are referred to as "improved" or "improved xx-degree" if there are multiple versions of that particular cartridge that feature different shoulder angles. OTOH, Hornady and Lee credit POA for all "improved" cartridges in their "Ackley Improved" dies.

If boorish behavior bothers you, as it does me, you can find serenity in the "ignore" feature. "Ignore" is a wonderful tool and I highly recommend it.