Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
An Airweight with an Uncle Mikes Combat Grip has been my EDC for more than 25 years, for most all of that time I carried it in a nondescript waist pack. What became obvious at the White Settlement incident was what I had always read, if you can’t get the gun out and presented in two seconds or less you might as well hang it up.

I’ve shot it often over the years, center mass torso hits at 15 oughtta be routinely doable, the same with careful aimed fire at 25.

I was reasonably fast getting it out of that waist pack but for me it’s even faster coming out of a front pocket where it is contained in an Uncle Mike’s pocket holster. In the woods I always carried a Glock 19 in that same waist pack but have now gone to an outside the waistband holster just behind my hip, my son has the Glock so now I’m using a 9mm Springfield Armory XDs, Only half as many rounds as the 19 but I shoot it well, hopefully 8+ 1 will be enough.

Birdy,

The mags for the XDS are small, throw a couple extra in the old pockets.

Yep. My experience with the XDS in .45 acp was good. I always carried 2 spare mags for it when I packed it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~