Originally Posted by denton
MontanaMan's suggestion of the Remora holster is cheap enough to just try as an experiment, so I put in an order. Might order something else from the other good suggestions made so far. I need to see if I can tolerate IWB before springing for one of the expensive models.

Rocky Raab told me years a go that I would end up with a shoebox full of holsters I don't use anymore.... LOL.... he was right. Though I do have a few that I routinely use.

Anyway, the Remora lets me step up to a full size 9mm, which is much easier to shoot accurately, plus being a bit more potent. I load Hornady XTP bullets for that.

Probably the next step up from that is my 41 Mag snubby. I have a pancake holster for it, and it shoots very well and carries decently for me.

One sweet spot in the revolver landscape is a 44 Special. Basically, 45 ACP power in a small, light package. But then there is the thickness of that darn cylinder.
If you like the P238, why not step up to the P938 in 9mm? Mine doesn't recoil badly even with hot 9's. It is not appreciably bigger than the 380 version. If you're not worried about concealment, then there are a lot of other options. You'll just never get as good a concealment with a revolver.