Originally Posted by victoro
"I'm heavy, and can't manage some of the holsters that more slender people use."

It's hard for a slender person to conceal a full sized pistol. I've tried shoulder holsters but even while wearing a coat or jacket it looks like I'm carrying a chain saw under my arm. I have an IWB holster for my Glock 27 but I can only wear it with pants that have a 2" bigger waist. I can carry the Glock 27 with a regular belt holster but it's not concealed very well. I have an ankle holster for my S&W Airweight .38 special but it won't stay above my ankle and would be very hard to draw quickly in an emergency. The only pistol I can easily conceal is a North American .22 mag 5 shot revolver and I carry it everywhere.

Victoro,

Like you, I'm on the slim side, just not as slim as I used to be. The Glock 19 size is pretty much the biggest I can conceal well on the belt, and yes, I have to wear my pants a little bigger, and wear my dress shirts bloused. In Colorado we have a long spring and fall, so it's common for myself and others to carry iwb, but outside the shirt, under a light jacket, unzipped for quick access.

Some around here like wearing the heavy quilted shirts. In addition to the warmth, the shirts extra bulk add an layer of concealability as well. Like wise, I've started buying some of my dress shirts a size larger, and my next batch of pocketed T-[bleep] will be a size larger as well.

For me, holsters have been an issue. Many are so much bulky they ruin the concealability of the G19, so here's one of the solutions I've found:

https://www.glockstore.com/Advanced-Holster-Mini-Concealment-Holster

Of course, some of what works in the Colorado climate may not work in Florida or Texas, but we have very knowledgeable members from other climates who can chime if with solutions for their areas.

Going from a mini to a compact carry piece can be a process that takes some time and thought, but it's very doable, and you will be better prepared as a result.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell