Originally Posted by denton
It's been a great thread so far. Thank you all for your helpful comments. A couple more of my own...

1. It's important to do what we're doing here: Reasoning through the best course of action, sharing ideas, and having a plan.

2. Some people were a little concerned when I mentioned using a 41 Mag snubby. It's really a very capable solution. It has a generous grip, which I think contributes to the fact that I can easily put shots into a 3" circle at 15 yards with it, offhand. It will punch through most body armor. And with the kind of power it provides (170 grains .410" dia. at 1400 FPS), there isn't much reason for a follow-up shot (Why would anyone shoot twice at a target as big as a terrorist? smile ). The downsides are as discussed: weight (not that bad), only 5 shots, deafening muzzle blast, etc. I'm guessing that the ability to punch through most body armor may have guided the White Settlement defender's choice of 357 Sig.

3. If you do return fire, quickly move away from anyone you care a lot about. You will immediately become the shooter's new target, and he will be under pressure and probably was not a very good marksman to begin with.

4. I'm excited about the Remora holster. It may make it possible to carry one of my full size 9mms, or to switch to my XD45. When I ordered, they offered me a free magazine pouch, which I gladly accepted.

5. Hips. I need my hips back. Several years ago, I spent a year shedding 30+ pounds. Gained it all back. I'm back on the #&!#$# diet. UGH!

6. I've worked out the kinks in switching from my P238 to my XDs. I was having problems with excessive printing, which I've now worked out. Until the Remora comes in, the XDs is my solution. Vs. the P238, it's 124 grains at 1010 FPS vs. 90 grains at 856 FPS.

DA shooting a 2 1/2” 41 mag into 3” circles at 15 yds is good shooting.

The 41 will not defeat any body armor I know of.

Be careful with that Remora.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house