That's a good price for a motorcycle with 333 miles. Not sure what the postage would be to ship it from South Dakota. wink

Thanks for the replies and for the Idaho guys maybe I should be more specific. What I'm looking for is 95% off road and only riding on whatever paved highway is necessary to get to the off road areas, which means the bike has to be street legal. Even though the paved road driving is minimal it would necessarily involve some 65 mph roads and I have to take that into account.

25 years ago I lived along Highway 95 in Fruitland and had a light and nimble Yamaha 250 ATV, 2WD only but it was all that was needed to tool around the National forest roads and old overgrown logging roads enjoying the views. But I also had a Ford F150 to carry it to the forests.

Now I live in SE Boise and drive a 17 year old Honda CRV. The desert south and SE of Boise is accessible via roads with a speed limit of 50-55, top end but doable for the TW200. But that's flat and frankly not all that pretty. The really pretty country is up Idaho 21 and that's a 60 mph road for 15 miles or more with stretches of 55 mph straight road as you near Idaho City. Make that 65 and 60 at least or expect to have a long line of irritated drivers with large pick up trucks breathing down your neck.

Going back to the dealership this afternoon to ride the XT250. That little TW200 is the sentimental favorite since it seems perfectly suited to the kind of slow and easy riding I'd expect and matches my beginner off road riding level but the XT250 is rated as a good beginner bike as well and could handle those short stretches of high speed and that might be the deciding factor.

Wish this was like deciding between two guns where I could afford to just buy both... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!