Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Still looking but whatever it is has to be light. With a max tongue weight of 350 pounds and a bike that weighs 278 that doesn't leave much room. Have just begun looking but the first one that popped up on Amazon was this Black Widow 400 lb carrier that weighs 38 lbs. It comes with a 6 foot ramp which combined with the low mount on a small SUV should make an easy slope to push the bike up.

[Linked Image from discountramps.com]

Still time to look and order. Getting a receiver bolted on next Friday so wouldn't be able to use it until then anyway.

Chilly 55 degrees out this afternoon but I put another 6 miles on it to break it in. Full throttle in first, full in second, screaming in 3rd and by that time I was going 35 mph... wink Sucker has a right growly little roar to it, like a small dog with a big attitude. Brakes are "adequate", certainly not great but I guess that will help on dirt where you don't want to lock up the wheels too easily. Very different handling than the FZ 07, much lighter and quicker steering, but at low speeds it's a lot easier to keep stable and make very slow speed turns. Just feels like fun, mostly.

Do you think you could roll your moto up that ramp by yourself?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee