Jim, good purchase for you it reads like. Better suspension on those larger bikes which makes a long ride less tiresome. I'd suggest a GPS in your kit somewhere if you plan to get pretty far back into the hinterland. You aren't lost until you are out of gas and the only direction that you know is up and down. On the carrier. Get the best set of tire-downs that you can find. You are not going to have a lot of angle on a bumper rack to secure a bike real well. If your Honda has a roof rack, maybe a safety rope or two over the back end to the bars and rack. I welded some rings onto the hinges of my K5 Blazer for upper tie points when I carried my 250 Bultaco on a bumper rack. I'm reminded of my buddy when he bought a new Lazy Boy recliner. Heavy enough not to need to tie it down in the bed of his pickup, right? Nope. Looking in the rear view mirror seeing it bouncing down the highway behind him depreciated it some.

Crashing was the reason that I got off my fast bikes and onto slower ones. I was having a great time on the forest roads up north on my full race Husqvarna until one day I was doing one of those all crossed up skid turns on a dirt corner when it turned into blacktop halfway through the turn. High sided it down the hill and into the woods. The bike was on top of me and there was warm blood I thought from a head wound running down my face. This must be the way it feels to die I remember thinking to myself. Nope, not yet. It was gear oil from when I punched a hole in the gear case when I'd hit a rock. Brought it home, fixed it and sold it for a third of what I'd bought it for.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory