Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
What I need is a time machine to go back and find some of these older motorcycles when they were new, then hide them in someone's barn for 40 years. wink

Found this on the local Craigslist. 1982 CT110 "excellent condition, new tires" is all that's in the description. This is really more in line with what I was looking for when I saw that Honda was coming out with pretty much this same thing in a 125 Hunter Cub, but those are likely to have an MSRP of $4000+. These have held their value well but the guy wants $2700 which seems a bit steep for a 38 year old machine. It would also need a heat guard for the first portion of the exhaust pipe.

[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]

278 original miles (supposedly) and still has the auxiliary black gas tank that hangs off the left side of the cargo rack. He even has a bumper hitch carrier he'd be willing to deal on so all I'd need to do is get the receiver portion welded to my car. Seller is an 80 year old man, is the second owner and "works" on these things, whatever that means, but he seems like a good fellow on the phone. He has a couple of the original Trail 90's as well, that's what the one in the background is.

I think this might be it. He's in Arizona today but will be back in Boise Thursday, so I'm going to call him after dinner then and arrange a time to look at it.

Fwiw, the car in the picture is a 1985 Ford Crown Victoria with a 5.0 L (302) engine, also for sale if anyone wants one. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!