Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by JeffA

How can a dealer advertise a new bike for sale at $3900.00 and then expect a customer to be cool with a out the door price of $5200.00? It happened again and again so I just went for sorta new used.....

That's the way the Yamaha dealer in Macon works.

I just can't do it, I shop online and expect to pay taxes and such over and above but a $1500.00 manufacture delivery fee is BS.
If they advertised the real price and I had time to get my head wrapped around the numbers while shopping I'd have probably bough new.
Being I am a rookie new bike buyer I wasn't ready for the bump...

Their scam tactic cost them the sale for me...but I am a tight wad, I'd rather someone else buys new and then sacrifice to me when they wanna get rid of whatever it is they are selling....

I just bought a $65K motor home last week with 19K miles on it for $15K .
The dude was trying to buy a second home as a summer place and still had the RV financed and his bank wouldn't cut him the loan unless he paid off the RV first.
He was at risk of loosing the deal on the house and sold me the RV for pay-off.

I'm writing that deal off as a pandemic related, the house he was buying was a deal due to the owners being squeezed and needing to sell their vacation home quickly, the deal flowed down to me...

Cash in hand makes schit happen if your timing and luck is running right.

The bike wasn't as much of a steal as just a fair deal in my eyes.....a steal would'a been $1200.00 for some quick bail money or sumtin.....