Tell me if you guys are seeing what I'm seeing here.

[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]

First off, look at DMc's pic with the three kids just above and note the HONDA lettering - red letters outlined in black. That is correct for a 1980-82ish model. The one I'm looking at has the H and A okay but the white OND has me wondering. Those white letters aren't correct for any year that I know, but could have been rubbed by something like a bag carrier? That would indicate a lot of riding. Or would there be some logical reason for that?

The axle seems pretty far back, note the amount of space in front where you adjust chain tension. Could be just the way it is but most pics I've seen show that more forward, it should be in the center of the adjustment range. Again, a sign of long use if the chain's stretched enough that it had to be adjusted that far back.

Anybody know what would cause the discoloration on the top of the headlight? Exposure to sun or something?

Not getting paranoid and don't want to accuse the seller of being dishonest from the get go but I'm seeing signs that would belie 278 original miles here and want to be forearmed when I go to look at it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!