Well, that 1982 Honda CT110 I was looking at sold today for list price. Seller says a guy wanted it for his 8 year old grandson and didn't even dicker, just handed him full price in cash.

Fwiw, the seller started out in aviation mechanics and got some pretty high certs. He got into fixing up older small engine Hondas as a hobby but got so good the local Honda dealership gives out his number as the guy to call to have them worked on so he knows his stuff.

Anyway, that takes that decision out of my hands.

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
This looks interesting and I'd like to give it a try. I still think the TW200, is THE bike to have in this class. It is just tough to beat for easy to ride, go anywhere, from mountains to prairies and from ranch work to campgrounds. It's not a motocross bike and won't win any races; but, it will go about anywhere and is about as reliable as one can get.

I agree. Went back this afternoon and road the Yamaha TW200 again - it is slow but has a low seat and low CG and is very easy to ride. It's happiest on the street at about 45 mph tops even if it will do more, but it's geared so low that it would be even happier in 2nd or 3rd gear chugging along a trail at 10-15 mph.

Going down to the dealership tomorrow morning and see if we can't work a deal on it.

Originally Posted by ol_mike
...Jim if you don't get the TW - i'll never speak to you again . smile

I'd not buy an old bike that i planned on riding way out into the wildernes - i'm a scaredy-cat i guess .

ol_mike, it looks like you'll be able to speak to me again. wink Provided they don't try to rape me too much on the price...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!