Originally Posted by Windfall
...Crashing was the reason that I got off my fast bikes and onto slower ones. I was having a great time on the forest roads up north on my full race Husqvarna until one day I was doing one of those all crossed up skid turns on a dirt corner when it turned into blacktop halfway through the turn. High sided it down the hill and into the woods. The bike was on top of me and there was warm blood I thought from a head wound running down my face. This must be the way it feels to die I remember thinking to myself. Nope, not yet. It was gear oil from when I punched a hole in the gear case when I'd hit a rock. Brought it home, fixed it and sold it for a third of what I'd bought it for.

Thanks, stories like this give me a warm feeling of confidence. wink

Got a standard issue license plate yesterday but am really thinking of getting a vanity plate for it that reads EZDZIT (easy does it) or TKITEZ (take it easy). Had a Greeves Griffon for a very short period of time in the early 70's and I could hurt myself on that faster than you could say Jack Robinson, so now it's definitely going to be slow and easy going. I'll break it in as ol_mike recommended - some other folks on youtube have recommend that as well - but after that this bike will probably spend most of its life chugging along in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!