I'll start by saying I am not by any means a pistol guy. I have zero against them, they just never captured my imagination like other firearms, mainly rifles.....and if I get scared enough in the house, I'm grabbing my 12 gauge.

I own one pistol, a Ruger P90 in 45 ACP. I bought it in the 90's when Bill Clinton got elected, took a gun class with it, and pretty much have not shot it since. Its a nice pistol though, works very well and it is huge.....real scary looking.

Fast forward to today. Given the current state of affairs, I have decided to get a carry license......its in the works. Made a quality decision that I am NOT gonna get Reginald Dennied or otherwise beat on. I have learned in the last few days about how its done.....inside the pants, outside the pants, etc. It seems to me my best bet is gonna be pocket carry.....with another pistol of course. Reason being is that 7 to 9 months out of the year its too hot for a jacket or over shirt to hang down and hide my piece....and I am a very hot natured person. Most of the year I am either in jeans or work pants and a t-shirt or pullover "golf shirt" type deal.

I'm thinking about picking up a compact 9mm and carrying it in a pocket holster when my license goes through. Good or bad idea?

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn