Originally Posted by shaman

If you are pulling your gun out you should be shooting as soon as it clears and you are on target. If you're waiting for an intimidation factor you are already screwed.

+1

I carry a LCR in my front pants pocket. It works, but it does not work if I'm in the car. The LCR has to come out of the pocket if I'm sitting, or its NOGO. If I'm on the road, it's either the P90 or P95 in a shoulder holster under a vest or jacket.

Intimidation? If I pull, I don't want the other guy to even know I'm doing it. If I've made the decision, I want him to be down on the ground before he knows I've pulled on him.

BTW: I've had a full-sized 9mm pulled on me and waved around at my head-- zooey neighbor going nutz. I was not intimidated in the least. Folks think they're scary with a gun. No, they're not. What happened to me is that everything slowed down, and I started angling and jiving. I knew #3 son had just come in from squirrel hunting, and if I kept her talking and got the angle right. She'd never see the 12 GA coming out the kitchen door pointed at her temple. Fear had nothing to do with it. I thank God she got tired of my jive and walked off before Angus realized what was going. I went out and got a CC the next thing.

Remember that. If you pull a gun on someone, there's a good chance you've just turned some dumb schlepp into an apex predator.

BTW #2: I know why I like the P90 and P95. They're double action with just the right amount of trigger. Carried in a holster with one hot in the chamber and the hammer down, you can pull and get the round off about the same as a DA revolver. The trigger is heavy enough that it won't go off until you want it to.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house