Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
This is a great thread. I'm in the same boat as RJY66. It's been real helpful to hear all of the replies.

It seems as though most of you carry IWB. It looks uncomfortable a schit. Do you guys get used to it, or is it not as uncomfortable as it looks.

It's not uncomfortable at all and it's the gold standard of concealed carry as far as I'm concerned.

Wear a wife beater or similar under whatever the outer garment is. I prefer kydex to leather because kydex keeps the nasty off the firearm.

Nope. Not in the least bit uncomfortable. I've IWB carried all-steel K-Frame revolvers, all-steel 1911s, Glock 17s, etc.. Each for many years at a time, all day. Currently, I mostly IWB carry a Glock 26, mainly because it prints less than the Glock 17. Both are equally comfortable to carry.

Just make sure you have a good IWB holster (not something off Amazon), and a good 1.5" gun belt. For the gun belt, I've been a devotee of the Galco SB2 SPORT BELT for about 25 years. Current IWB holster is the El Paso Saddlery C-Force. Been using it for many years, and like it a bit better than the Milt Sparks offerings I used for many years before discovering it.