Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by deflave
Pocket carry has its place but if you want to carry on a regular basis for the purposes of not getting Reginald Denny'd you should carry on your belt as much as possible.

Climate has nothing to do with what you're carrying until you get down to swim trunks and tank top type of attire.

I like those old P-series Rugers. But I've no idea why. LOL

This. ^^^^^

I started carrying a small .380 in my back jeans pocket. Worked for years. It was a small S & W .380 that wasn't very easy to hit anything with. Progressed to various 9mm, P938, S & W Shield and now carry a Sig 365XL in a OWB holster everyday. Even with an IWB holster your shirt has to cover top of exposed handgun and holster, just as easy and more comfortable with an OWB holster and almost the same to conceal for me with an extra magazine carrier on weak side belt. I have carried for so long now, it is actually more uncomfortable to not carry for me as it is to carry now. Just feels like I've left something important at home like my phone or wallet when not carrying anymore.

Back in the 1980s I often carried a Colt Government .380 ACP (basically, an all steel Mustang with a slightly longer slide and grip) in my back pocket. I could get to it reasonably fast. Back pockets aren't as deep as front pants pockets.