Me and a bud went fishing yesterday.When we use his boat I usually drive his truck towing his boat.We always check the trailer lights and did so this time before leaving the boatramp.Around 10:00 pm I was in the fast lane keeping up with traffic when I saw a cop coming up behind me with his lights on.The truck in front of me had been weaving really bad.Im sure he was drunk.I thought the cop was after him.I turned on my right blinker and move to the center lane.The cop moved over also.I said to my bud *#^& I think I am getting pulled over.I signaled again and went to the slow lane then to the shoulder.Yep......pulled over.First thing he says is the trailer lights were out.We both said at the same time but different words......the lights are working......we checked the 20 mins ago.He gets pissed and says....do you think I picked you out of the croud just to pull you over?The my bud opens his door and gets out.I thought the cop would yell for him to stay in but he lets him walk to the back of the trailer.I hear my bud say........the lights are working.The cop then tells me my bud might need help getting the lights to work and I should get out and help.I am thinking WTF?So I get out walk to the back and say........the lights are working.The cop says....your friend must have fixed it then.He never touched anything........THE LIGHTS WERE WORKING DAMN IT!!!!

He tells us to get back in the truck.About this time another cop pulls up.I am getting a little scared.Again we are thinking WTF?The cop talks to the other one and the one pulls away.The first cop comes to the truck with my license and my buds registrations.He never asked who's boat and trailer it is or asks my bud for his ID.Didnt ask if I had been drinking.....I guess it was obvious I wasnt.He let my bud get out of the truck without being asked ........I just think he made alot of mistakes.Plus he stopped us with no probable cause which I thought was illegal and against the my rights.

Should I just let this go?The thing is we cant prove the lights were working...but we know they were.I am pissed!!!!