Originally Posted by tzone
I find it a bit strange you won’t have him there on opening weekend. He’s either part of the crew or not.

It’s kinda like telling the kids they can come sit at the table for dinner after you’ve eaten the best pieces of steak before they’re allowed to eat.

Shaman, I've got to agree with TZone's sentiment here. The newbie is either in or out-not in between. I know you guys have taken LOTS of deer from your camp. Would it really be a travesty if he got one opening weekend? It may well be, that this is what he's gonna need to spur his interest in the hunt. I'm all for expecting the same comittment out of him that you'd expect out of any other member-stull like chores around camp, taking his turn washing the dishes, takiing out the garbage, helping drag a deer in, etc. That all comes with the territory. We all know getting a deer becomes tougher after opening day. Your camp, your rules, but if it was me, I'd let him in for the opener. Good luck this fall sir. I hope your gang all fills their tags, including the newbie. Of course you've made arrangements to take him on the fabled pre-deer season snipe hunt, I hope..........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla