Originally Posted by Filaman
If I pay my money to hunt I'll be damned if you're going to tell me not to show up opening day. Around here, when you get on a new lease they tell you the rules. You break those rules and we won't ask you back next year. But we don't micro manage you either. You pay your money, we assign you an area, and you are free to hunt legally and ethically.

We are not a for-pay operation. We are not a lease. We are not a club. We collect no dues. We have no rules. My boys are inviting a friend out, and we decided that it would be best to extend the invitation after Opening Weekend to give him a better chance of settling in and being successful. That's the short of it. If NewGuy has a good time and enjoys himself, we'll keep inviting him, and I have no doubt he'll be invited back next year for the Opener. This is going to be his first rifle hunt, and everyone (including NewGuy) agrees.

It's okay if that's hard to grasp. Not everyone is cut out for this situation. I'll be happy to take your name off the waiting list as well.

BTW: This is not our first attempt at this. I had a fellow come out a number of years ago and went squirrel hunting in full tactical gear and a drop holster. He said, he didn't know what he was going to be running into. I had a couple turkey hunters on the property a few years ago, and they spent the afternoon trying to chase a flock like they were quail. We gave permission a while back for another father/son pair to deer hunt a section of our property, and we later found them the next spring turkey hunting on the other side of the property in one of my blinds. My sons had a friend to a campout that nearly rolled his truck (while he was sober) as he was blowing through the hay that had just been raked.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer