Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by shaman
We stay off the property line through most of season, mainly so we don't get shot.

You're making this sound like a magical place. laugh

We hardly ever see the neighbors and they hardly ever see us. It's not that we're unfriendly. It's just that way. There have been incidents at the property lines over the years. I got shot at accidentally back in 2004 during ML season while I was out looking for a deer. There was another near-tragedy a bout a decade ago. My neighbor to the north caught a guy to our East putting a pop-up blind up in the back corner we all share, directly in the path of his shooting lane. It was legal. The guy was sitting with his back to the fence, but a richochet would have been tragic.

We've got a couple of venues that we hunt that are within 100 yards of the line, but they're all uphill firing down to creek bottoms and anyone shooting our way would have to be deliberately firing into the air across a ravine. My Opening Day stand is the closest-- about 80 yards. However, the stand is on the other side of a big tree from the fenceline and I know where the guys who have the lease all hunt and its nowhere near us.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer