Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
If your deer camp is that crowded it dont sound like you need any new guys but to downsize some more...our camp started 30 years ago, it is a small camp. we started with 8 members and we are now holding it to 7 guys (3 of which are founding members) this gives everyone plenty of space and makes it more enjoyable, I have stayed in packed deer camps before and it was a miserable experience 👎🏿.....We have had several members drop out over the last 30 years but we are very selective as to who we invite to be our new members. New guys are always welcomed in as a full member which includes opening weekend of gun season with no restrictions.....Good hunting ....Hb

We currently have a max of 4 hunters on 200 acres. This is about 1/4 of what the neighbors are doing. Adding NewGuy is going to raise that number for a while, but we know SuperCore is looking at his last few seasons. The other thing is that #3 son, Angus has a busy work schedule. He comes in on the Opener, fills his tags and then maybe hunts 1 weekend after that. The accommodations are able to fit more folks, but 4 makes for plenty of breathing room. NewGuy's schedule is such that mid-week hunting may be a better option for him. Mid-week is usually just myself and SuperCore at camp. Having a 3rd guy would be a boon.

The other issue on the horizon is Granddaughter #1. Mooselette is starting 3rd grade today. She's not big enough to shoulder a deer rifle, but she's coming along. Daddy Moose and I are taking her out with us. Eventually, she will be coming online.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer