Originally Posted by BobBrown
Put me on it :

Robert B. Brown

Bob

You bet. Start working on your callsign.

This kind of puts me in mind of Deer & Deer Hunting's Pro Staff shenanigans. There were always questions about who we were and what we'd had to do to become a pro-staffer, and did we all hunt together and stuff like that. Actually the situation was a lot like here, except some of us had been appointed subject matter experts for our state. I did double-duty for Ohio and Kentucky, and also answering questions about deer rifles and reloading. There was always what I'd call fan mail. It was just plain silly for grown men to be asking those questions.

The guy from Iowa (I'm sorry his name escapes me) and I started playing this whole thing for laughs. Yes, we did hunt together. We hunted at one of several D&DH facilities around the country, but we had a large facilty in an undisclosed location that was was both a test lab and conditioning facility to keep us in peek conditioning.. Yes, we underwent a strenuous test to get in. The details were phenomenal. Army Rangers couldn't have passed it. Yes, we spent most of our time at the D&DH clubhouse, flying home occasionally to be with our families. The deeper we went in this thing, the more ludicrous the questions became. I invented "Scooter." He was a young orphan that we'd taken in and we were teaching him how to be a good pro-staffer. Scooter was always asking silly questions about deer hunting, but we'd always take time to answer him. The trick was that no pro-staffer could disagree with another, no matter how bizarre it got. We kept a unified front. Yes, it was all true. Professional wrestlers and TV hucksters would blush at our claims.

Most of the guys on D&DH knew this was just a gag, but there were fellows who would come on the forum and argue that some little bit of minutiae was not true. Never mind that that the whole thing was a complete farce. It was a lot of fun. I'm sorry it had to go.

So yes, y'all have us! Someone took this pic the other day and was trying to use it to blackmail our deer camp. I figure the best way is to come clean and beg the Tennessee delegation for forgiveness:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Oh the shame!

Last edited by shaman; 09/16/20.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer