Originally Posted by hillestadj
Good of you to let a new guy in.

Your place, your rules. BUT - I promise you none of it is as complicated as you want it to be (make it). Your camp setup isn't rocket science, guaranteed. If you think he'll get in the way of setting up camp I can't imagine wanting him around in the first place. Not much of a chore getting someone on stand in the morning and saying "Stay here until someone picks you up. If x,y,z happens call/text/smoke signal and sit tight." Either he'll fit in or he won't. Comes off as a little condescending when you act like you need to hold his hog before he can piss.

Again, your place, your rules - just call it what it is.

Good point, but NewGuy is probably going to be welcoming the help. This will be his first gun hunt. He's a shooter, but only hunted deer with a bow previously. Were we to take it the other way, give him a permission slip and let him go for it, I'm pretty sure he'd feel he was being tossed off the end of the dock into deep water. I'm sure by the The Opener, 2021, he'll feel like he's been doing it all his life.

Battue: That's a good story. Hopefully, we won't have to face that eventuality for a while. I'm sure when one of us goes, we'll have a bagpiper playing Caber Feigh (The Deer's Antlers) for us.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer