Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A big part of the problem is, a lot of young people today don't see any path to making enough money to set up housekeeping and raising kids.

Another is, young men are shying away from marriage because in the event of a divorce, the man will be financially ruined for all of eternity.

Basically, young people see the marriage "thing" as something that's not available to them. It's something the previous generations participated in.

All that's true. Another issue is that young people who spent their teens and twenties "hooking up" with everything that walks are damaged to the point that they're incapable of forming a committed relationship. The saying that "you can't turn a ho into a housewife" is true, if they view sex as something as mundane as shopping for groceries then they're likely to cheat on you the first times they get pissed off at you, and as any married man knows they're pissed off at you half the time. The likelihood of being cheated on if you marry one of these hookup culture partners is extremely high, then you've got to decide if you'll put up with it and stay married or divorce them and lose most of your money and property.

And that's why so many men are choosing not to marry those women.
The risks outweigh the rewards.

True.
The move to cohabitation without documents of union was led by men for the reason you just stated.

Next time instead of marriage I’m just gonna go find a women that I despise and buy her a house, once said another poster here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.