Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I don’t believe men have changed much, women as a whole however have always been famously suggestible.

No accident that it was Eve who got talked into thinking that biting the apple was the thing to do.

Congrats on finding a good woman.

Just because I don't believe it's not a literal truth, doesn't mean it's not a literary truth.

Typical too that Adam let a woman lead him astray against his own better judgement, tho I dunno if they were getting it on before the apple.

BW,
The way I interoperate the story of the fall in Genesis, no Adam and Eve were not getting it on before the incident at the tree. There much allegory in the story. The serpent that lead Eve into temptation was Adam's one eyed trouser snake, and the apple (technically the Bible just says it was fruit and doesn't specify) is an allegory for the fruit of her loins. It our society it's the women the control access to sex, and Eve's gift to Adam of sex carried with it great consequences. After eve shared herself with Adam, he got kicked out of his fathers house (The Garden of Eden, the perfect paradise made for his children) and go till the land. Today we call that getting a job.

So, yes, it's no accident that it was the woman who offered up herself to the man and after he accepted, his whole world changed and he had to get to job in order to feed Eve and all the kids they had together.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell