Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

The move to cohabitation without documents of union was led by men for the reason you just stated.

I am not convinced that this is true. I also think that there are some additional reasons for this. With the elimination of any legal distinction in the status of children as either “legitimate” or “illegitimate,” and the rise of no-fault divorce, what really is the point besides religious beliefs and certain legal rights afforded those with married status, such as inheritance, tax benefits and medical decisions? A true commitment can be backed up by paper or not, and paper does not prove commitment in any event.

The current trend in the Men's Movement is well past cohabitation without documentation. The direction now is toward no cohabitation, and no long term relationships. The primary drivers behind this is women filing 80% of the divorces, and the financial ruin visited upon men in the process.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell