Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The current trend in the Men's Movement is well past cohabitation without documentation. The direction now is toward no cohabitation, and no long term relationships. The primary drivers behind this is women filing 80% of the divorces, and the financial ruin visited upon men in the process.

I must confess that I am not up on the Men's Movement. I didn't even realize that it was a thing. But, based upon those primary drivers, I think it is a good thing that those people stay out of relationships. Relationships involve risk.

Cheyenne,

I'm guessing it's been a long time since you've had exposure to the dating scene, especially as it applies in the big cities. Dating and marriage has always been complex.

The risks we are discussing are not trivial. Up to 60% of marriages ending in divorce. 80% of those filed by women. For the man getting married today without a solid prenup, that equates to roughly a 50% chance that she'll decide to take half his stuff and leave him. At least in Colorado custody is a 50/50 split, but in a place like Wyoming, the man can effectively kiss his kids good by, along with 40% of his future income in child support. Again, there are not trivial risks.

As previously mentioned social media's not helping. Several studies demonstrated a linkage between increased social media usage and increased divorce rates. My hypothesis for this is as I stated above. Women get on Facebook, think they can do better, and breakup the family. Of course all their Facebook White Knights and Simps don't really want to raise her three kids, so at the end of the day, who's the biggest looser, that's right, it's the father.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell