Originally Posted by CRS
Going to try and shoot my 416 Rem this weekend. 350gr Speers and testing H4895, IMR 4166 and TAC velocities. Hoping to get between 2500-2600fps with 350gr bullets.

Once I determine the powder that is giving desired velocity. I will then develop a go to load with the 350gr TSX and file in the Dakota Arms open sights that were recently installed.

I know you are just working up bullets and loads based on the PH's wishes. But I am not going to screw around with solids, and if I ever make it back to Africa for another buffalo, solids will not accompany me.

I can possibly understand the use of solids behind the leaded premium bullets, but I see no reason when using a mono.

I don't understand people that don't make their own decisions about what they are going to use on THEIR hunt.
The hunter is paying the PH therefore the the PH works for the hunter. The PH can suggest but the hunter has the right to make his own choice of bullets

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first