Originally Posted by Heeler
DF,
Looks like you're buddy is all set to go and got good accuracy from the info that Bill provided.

Yeah, I appreciate all the help from you guys here on the Fire, especially you.

Those components are just about impossible to find and I got what he needed.

I was fortunate that Bill Hober answered the phone at Swift. He was very helpful, sorta bristled a bit when I mentioned Partitions.

So, I didn't mention that unmentionable subject again. He was quite generous with his time. I think he enjoyed the visit and helping me out.

Just two shots a group doesn't make, but does give an idea. I had two almost touching twice with the 400 NPT's as I adjusted the Trijicon 1-4. I was impressed how well I could shoot that triangle and how well the gun grouped. Those targets were perfect. The triangle formed a pie shape in the bottom of that red dot, which turned out to be just the right size. The old Model 70 trigger is about perfect, which helped. I used a Bud's bag with heavy sand which worked pretty well.

I think the NPT's may actually edge the SAF's regarding accuracy, but I didn't shoot enough to prove that. The NPT's were a bit closer, twice. But the difference is negligible. Either one of those bullets at 2,375 fps will bust about anything walking, short of an ele. And these solids would probably do a job on one of those.

Bud leaves in May and I look forward to photos and his report.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 04/12/21.