DF,

What Bill Hober says about the A-Frame and Break-Away is basically what I experienced when working up loads with 300-grainers n my .375 H&H. (Used it for testing because that's the caliber/weight of Break-Aways they had on hand.) They landed within about two inches of each other at 100 yards with the same powder charge, but came together when adding a little more powder to the Break-Away load.

Graf's has indeed been a little slow lately, due to bazillions of orders. But so far they've gotten me everything I've ordered--and their customer service has even called me to make sure about details. They're still among the best around.

Must also mention that I am often a little puzzled when hunters suggest using the load that shoots most-accurately on animals the size of Cape buffalo. A few years ago my friend D'Arcy Echols, the well-known custom gunsmith from Utah, told me one of his customers demanded a .458 Lott that would shoot "both softs and solids into a half-inch at 100 yards." D'Arcy then asked me, "Just how --------- small buffalo and elephants these days?"

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck