I have used TSX almost exclusively since the early '00s and was very happy with them until 2018 on my lion hunt in Zimbabwe. We recovered 3 300 gr TSX from bait- eland, buffalo and zebra and my PH and I were both disappointed in the lack of expansion. He did not want me to use my 375 H&H on my lion as he was afraid of a pencil-through and instead insisted on using my 300 Win for my lion.

As mentioned, African PHs just do not really care for TSX and after seeing the recovered TSX all the PHs said to use A Frames. I don't remember what Phillip's response was or if we had lunch with him before we recovered the TSX but he would have been the sole dissenting PH. (Shot my ele not far from where he died.)

Also, two of the more veteran Alaskan bear outfitters pretty much said they'd rather I not use TSX. One told me to bring A Frames and not TSX for Kodiak a few years back and in October I'll be taking 300 gr A Frames (375 H&H) for my peninsula brown bear hunt. (65 gr RL 15 mirrors factory Federal A Frame loads in my rifle).

As an aside, my PH preferred also to not use solids on buffalo and wanted maximum tissue damage (but did prefer solids on giraffes as they are thick skinned).

I will continue to use TSX in my faster cartridges as they are extremely accurate at 300+ yards, but will never use them again on DG rifles.