gunner, yeah, they both great guys. The Loony type, I grew up with. The one headed over for buff, I've known around 15 yrs. or so. We hunt together all the time.

With 50 yds being Bill's recommended sight in distance and the gun already sighted for 350 Speers, what's wrong with duplicating Swift A-Frame commercial ammo, getting on the standing bench and tweaking 50 yd. POI with the 400's. Bill said their SAF ammo has 75 gr. 4064, the solid has 77 gr. So, evidently that's how they got the solid load, shooting it behind the SAF load, tweaking until POI was close.

I generally like to work up loads, but we're shooting very expensive stuff, don't have an unlimited supply of components and that thing kicks.... shocked

I'm not a hoss like you... cool

I can duplicate Bill's factory ammo data and go shoot. That doesn't sound too Loony, but at this point, I'm looking for a quick fix, a good result, burning up the least ammo.

What ya think? I won't be able to chrono with the standing bench, but if it's the same load as Swift commercial ammo, who cares.

BTW, I was using 4064 with the 350 Speer load before I knew how cool 4064 actually was... Go figure.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/01/21.