Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by mathman
I have been in spots and situations on my lease where my 20mm had me wishing for my 6x42. Otherwise I'd have more of the small ones because I like the way they handle on a rifle.

I’m with you MM, while I like those small optics they don’t cut us any favors in the canopy near dark.

What about you fellas with point restrictions in the East, all binocular work in the woods to verify points?

Here’s a very limited sampling of one by me on a East WT hunt in PA.

Picked up a deer in the early morning that was, if I remember, something like 235 yards away, but there was heavy cover between myself, sitting in a stilt blind, and the deer.

I dropped my bins after I saw the deer and ranged it, going straight to my scope NF SHV 4-16x50 f1. I literally sat on the deers neck and head for what must’ve been 15 minutes waiting for a clear opening through the thickets to see if there was any headgear.

It turned out to be a small, legal buck. I shot it. Blew the left front leg off at the shoulder. It ran straight into the waiting arms of another hunter in our group, who killed it...He was pretty happy.

I’m pumping Pom-poms for glass in a scope, that will allow me to check horns and milkers, if I can’t initially put horns on an animal right away through my bins.

🦫

I love milk. LOL.