Originally Posted by erich
I'm a predator hunter/caller, days only now. I've been at this game for 50 years and started with 4x Weaver. Preds are big animals and I do my scanning with my eyes, scanning with a rifle or binoculars introduces more movement and a better chance of getting busted. If I can see them with my eyes I can see them in a scope. Scopes have come a long way since I started, I used to have to black out a square to see it in the scope at 300 yards. Now even low end scopes are sharp and clear.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

On this target with a much more modern scope the small diamond was visible.

I have about 10 dedicated predator hunting rifle and don't think I have a scope over $300 but that does include Bushnell Elite 4200, Burris Signature Select, Meopta Artimes, but it does include a couple low end Weavers and Kronus scope that work well also.

How well does a $90. Weaver 1-4x24mm work, it kills coyotes. Win Mod 70 222 Rem I bought it just to see how well a $90 scope would work, it is clear and precise but bulky for a 1-4.

Kronus M-30 1.5-6x44mm circle dot. RPG .223 I liked this scope enough that I bought another for a custom 6x45mm bolt action.

For me it is a matter of putting the crosshairs where needed not how well I can see the animals.

A lowly Weaver V-3 on a rifle I drove 1700 miles for the hunt, it worked perfect for still hunting the forests of northern WI, it has proven very reliable.

You can spend a $1000 more for your scopes, I'll put it into gas and hunting.

Living in the PNW part time, must have made you 1/2 retarded.

Of course, in daylight, optics will be brighter and clearer.

Hunt your dogs at 30 minutes before or after dusk and dawn, then say your $300 scope glass is awesome.

LOL

🦫

PS

No hate...Just pointing out subtle differences.

PPS

Nice dogs killed

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”