Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Not sure what anybody else thinks and don't care. But I'll reply. On a typical year I may spend 20 days scouting/hunting elk, maybe 10-15 on deer, 20-30 on bears, 10-15 on antelope. I often get to tag along on other hunts for other animals, This year I drew for Bighorn Sheep in MT, and CO mule deer, and a limited permit in MT for elk, I'll also be hunting elk with my daughter for elk, as she drew a premium permit in MT. 4 in my house are likely to draw antelope in MT also. I have never been guided.

Tuesday was my 30th day this year since May 11th draw results posted in my sheep unit looking for sheep (and hunting bears some). In that time, I've used a STS80, ATS95, 10X42ELs, 15X56SLC, and just this week I picked up a pair of 12X42 NL Pures. Wow - THAT is some glass!

If there's something I've learned in 4 decades of insane amounts of hunting western big game, it's NOT to skimp on glass or boots.

I’m trying to resist the “pure” purchase… 😂

I think beave is talkin about scopes though kurt, what are you guys runnin for scopes these days?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.