Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
It's up to you.

I shot deer for years with 3rd tier glass, but now that I can somewhat afford it, I do like the better glass.
I killed multiple deer every season with iron sights for many years. Some in excess of 200 yards and some on the run. Though a scope does offer advnatages over iron sights, they're still not mandatory for my success. I'll fill my tags with or without.

just as long as your spotlight works right
Never needed a spotlight. After reading these types of discussions on here for years I think some of you fuggers are blind as a bat and few could use iron sights effectively if their lives depended on it. And btw scopes do work much better than iron sights at night with a light. I know that from years of coon hunting and predator hunting. I started out deer hunting with an iron sighted Mossberg 500 slug gun when I was a kid. A few years later got a Winchester 94 .30-30 as my first deer rifle. I killed deer every season for years with those two before I ever used a scoped rifle. Anybody who really needs a scoped rifle to kill deer and seriously can't get the job done with irons either ain't much of a hunter/shooter or is blind enough they should stay the hell out of the woods for everyones safety..

This coming from a guy that hunts a state that has sunrise/sunset as starting and ending times for hunting. It would be a complete waste of money to use an Alpha scope in those conditions.