Originally Posted by SLM
You’re a little dense. Ok, a lot dense.

Of course animals can be killed with open sights just about anywhere. ML and bow hunters prove this every year.

I know a few hard core killers that would take exception to your comment that the use of a scope makes you a lame ass hunter. If you truly felt like a superior killer, you wouldn’t ever be using a firearm.

I can get anywhere I want to go horseback, don’t mean I’m going to do it.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by SLM
I’d assume you consider yourself a lame ass hunter since you didn’t sneak to 10 yards and kill all these deer with a long bow?

Originally Posted by SLM
This is another example of someone’s really small world colliding with reality.

But seriously anybody who really can't kill deer with iron sights and really needs a scope to get the job done is a pretty lame ass hunter and shooter.

How so ? Keep in mind I've killed deer in the open in excess of 300 yards with iron sights and under heavy hemlock/spruce/pine canopy on cloudy days at sunset.

I have killed deer with bow and gun at 10 yards and less. That has nothing to do with this discussion. You want to tell me exactly WHERE IT IS that you can't kill deer between the hours of sunrise and sunset with an iron sighted rifle ?

LOL. Who's dense now ? I never said the use of a scope makes you a lame ass hunter. I said anybody who REALLY CAN'T kill deer with iron sights and REALLY NEEDS a scope to get the job done is a lame ass hunter.