Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Beaver10
It was a little obvious that the core group of defenders of mechanics over glass in scopes were absent from this thread for the most part.

Paging....JORDAN ! 😬

🦫

PS

I figure the guys who run dials, also know how to read, and can comprehend what they read...They saw nothing here worth chatting about, because this wasn’t about glass over dialing, just a straightforward glass quality in a scope question.

There’s room in hunting for everyone to own, use, and be successful hunting with whatever they feel will work for them in their necks of the wilderness.

Hah, you got that right, Beav!

If we're talking about sacrificing mechanics (holding zero, tracking, etc.) to get a marginal increase in optical performance, then it becomes a different conversation! A simple discussion about each person's choice of where to land on the sliding scale of optical quality is just that, simple. Depending on what a guy uses his scope for, and what he wants to do, non-alpha glass is perfectly fine until it isn't.

For what I do, sub-alpha glass is perfectly fine in my riflescopes.

Just a little question Jordan, as you know I have pards and hunt Alberta as well, just how much hunting do you get to do yearly? I know/think whitetail tags are yearly, Muleys are hard to draw, and moose are even harder than that to draw. Are you hunting other provinces? Thanks

Absolutely do NOT answer that question Jordan. We don’t need hordes more peeps moving here.

🤪

I realize there are more opportunities, does he take advantage of them though?

Jud,

I hunt more than most, but less than some. I get plenty of opportunities to pull the trigger on game, in addition to accompanying, or often even informally guiding, friends/family and witnessing them pull the trigger. Most of that has been in AB, but not all. In AB, the difficulty for residents to draw MD and moose tags varies widely by zone and hunt type. Let's just say that for the last couple of decades my deep freezes have been completely filled every year with an assortment of WT, MD, elk, moose, BH sheep, pronghorn, black bear, and caribou meat, on top of giving away a bunch of meat that I didn't have room for. My wife and I are raising four kids, and have never needed to buy non-wild meat (once in a while we buy something just for a little variety, but never because of need). We get plenty of BG opportunities as residents here in AB, and I personally take advantage of a bunch of them each year.