Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Stophel
For those that think that one can lose their salvation, a question. How many sins does it take?

Stophel,

Since you didn't get any takers yet, I'll give you the Bible answer instead.

For an unbeliever, they are already condemned by
One single sin following an age which God holds them accountable.

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

I don't believe that anyone here is perfect.

He said,
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Condemned by the fact that their faith in Jesus is not the sole Object of their faith. Their trust is also in their ability to keep the law.
Unfortunately, they think that "whosoever believeth on Him" is on probation until they die.

I made the case, as did Pastor Arnold, that everlasting life is a GIFT that can Not be earned by good behavior. Nor can that life be forfeited by the fantasy that they will not longer sin.
It might be worth it for those who are holding onto God somehow, to let go and trust Him to hold onto them.

What do you think Stophel?

I have yet to hear anyone really give any kind of explanation of how they can lose their salvation. One sin? Ten sins? A hundred sins? Does it matter which kind of sins?

The appearance of one "losing his salvation" is quite readily explained by the Lord Himself in the parable of the sower, Matthew 13:20-21. Only seed that takes root in good ground grows and endures.

I think many people, Christian and otherwise, don't have any concept of what Biblical salvation actually is. Many people, Christian and otherwise, actively HATE what the Bible says about salvation. It doesn't fit with what they want. It hurts their feelings. It's not inclusive enough. It's not what they would do if they were god. It doesn't seem "fair" to them.

Well, I am glad that God's salvation does not rest upon what is "fair". I am glad that salvation does not rest on my perfection.

"Then came the jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." John 10:24-30

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8-10

It's really not hard to find Biblical passages that say the same sorts of things. It's pretty plain. When people begin with the "well, what that REALLY means..." type of stuff, you know that they are not disagreeing with it from a Biblical standpoint. They are disagreeing with it because they simply don't like it. And there's a lot of people that don't like it.